Top 5 of 2017
- Be Specific
- Medicare rules will require the evacuation of long-term care facilities in the face of a major hurricane.
- Medicare shut down the Hollywood Hills, Florida nursing home where 8 patients died.
- Where can we buy a preparedness plan that will make us compliant with the new Medicare rules?
- Will CMS really start enforcing its Emergency Preparedness rules on November 16?
- They help you think better
- They help share information with others
- They help new employees catch up quickly
- They help spark creativity
- They help with decision making
- They help eliminate interpretation
Related Articles: Emergency Management
Business continuity planning (BCP) is vital to the success of an organization
(...) by Rick Christ We recently wrote about the need for trigger events in an emergency plan. A severe weather watch should trigger a series of just-in-time preparedness actions at your facility. We conduct many tabletop exercises with healthcare...
Too many well-written emergency plans do not get activated in time
(...) by Rebecca Alwine Very few things in this life are certain, but one thing most Americans are confident of is that when they call 9-1-1, someone will answer. Those 9-1-1 operators are an important piece of the puzzle, and they do a fantastic job of...
(...) by Rebecca Alwine There’s a small window on the calendar where emergency managers breathe a little easier. The time between the threat of severe winter weather and the start of hurricane season may be the only real downtime. But even then, there is...
In late November, H.R. 4460, affectionately called the Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) was introduced by Rep. Lou Barletta of Pennsylvania.
Emergency Management Products & Services
Remember, we will NEVER share your email address or SPAM you.
You may unsubscribe at any time.